Monday, October 09, 2006

Raison D'Etre



I mean, honestly... HONESTLY!!! Could he be any more beautiful?

I just had to take a moment and post this... we took it when we went camping with Shelli and Aaron and some other friends a week and a half ago.

It was a such a great time and, not the least because of the nights. (My close friends know I bemoan the fact that Max is not the cuddliest guy in the world... sure, he'll pop on over for a quick, distracted kiss, and a tight, sincere hug, but then he'll tear off on one of his pressing toddler missions to destroy our house)

Anyways, at night, when we'd build the fire, Max would nestle cozily into my lap and stay there for hours!!! I was never more content in my life! Gazing from him to the stars to the fire, smelling the woodsmoke and the top of his sweet little head, I kept my arms in a tight embrace around him, giving extra-special squeezes to savor his sturdy little, healthy little body and let him know his mama loves him more than she could ever, ever express. Those were among the best moments of my life.

We need to go camping every night!

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

He is adorable! He really is!
I know what you mean about savoring the cuddle times. Every chance we moms get to latch on and hold that little treasure of ours is time treasured. Being a mom is the best!

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds so nice and relaxing!
Thanks for visiting my craft blog and recommending the knitting book. I will have to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home