Saturday, July 01, 2006

Our Good Ole Boy


I can't imagine a soul on this earth meeting Aaron Taylor and not feeling like they've been friends with him all their lives within a couple minutes of meeting him. Aaron's got a real gift for connecting with people. I'm not sure if it's his great sense of humor, his genuine interest in what a person's got to say, or him just being an all around great guy, but what I can tell you is that you want Aaron Taylor to be your friend.

Aaron fills the role of Musical Director for One Wee World. He's the one responsible for helping us find music that authentically represents the countries we're focusing on.

It was a no-brainer for Robert and I to ask Aaron to fill this role. From zydeco to rock to punk, Aaron is a music FREAK!!! In college, he studied sound. It's been a real boon for us since we are filming so many performances where we're using the live sound recording deftly captured by Aaron.

There are so many great things to say about Aaron, but I'm just going to mention two of the skills he possesses that I admire immensely. One, he is a terrific father. When Shelli had to return to work, Aaron elected to become a stay at home dad.

Rory could simply not have asked for a better father. I spent a lot of time with Aaron because I was a stay at home mom, and Rory is a terrific little guy in great part thanks to his father's wonderful parenting. Those two have a lot of fun together and I'm grateful they shared their infectious good times with me and Max.

The second skill Aaron has mastered is cooking. Let me tell you, Aaron makes such good food that I'm compelled to have conversations with it. Ask him, he'll tell you about the time I cradled a bowl of chili lovingly and crooned to it, oblivious of everyone and everything around me. If my tastebuds have dreams, I am sure they have recurring ones about a southwestern-style meal Aaron made for us with a coffee-rubbed filet mignon with pasilla chile sauce and corn relish that was the best meal I ate that year. That man RULES in the kitchen.

And speaking of men who rule, my next post will be about another man. But this particular man is the one who rules my heart, my husband, Robert Jarzen, co-founder, director, and executive producer of One Wee World.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

Music and food. Two things that can truly stir the soul. Sounds like a great all-around guy. I'm sure he makes lots of good food and music for his child. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home